Monday, March 7, 2011

18 Weeks :) & Time-Out :(

I was 18 weeks on Friday!  Things are still going really well.  I've gained around 6-8 pounds.  I feel those sweet little flutters every now and then.  I haven't been working out as much but I blame that on sickness and being busy.  Hopefully I'll get back to being more active soon.  We are looking forward to finding out if Landon will have a baby brother or a baby sister on Thursday!!  Here is my 18 week post with Landon.


Speaking of Landon, we've still been working on his hitting issue.  He seems to only really do it when we are laying down on his level.  For example, if I'm laying on the bed with him or laying on the floor with him he'll reach over and just hit me or Chad.  Sometimes right in the face or just on the arm or leg.  I have no idea what makes him do this??  I feel like he's probably just testing us but it's gotta stop.  I don't want him hitting people.  We tried saying NO! real firm and even popping him back, but I think he thought that was a game. So little man now gets sent to time-out...


The first few times we had to put him back in the corner and tell him he couldn't get up, but now he's starting to understand more what he's supposed to do.  He doesn't stay there for longer than a minute and when he's done I'll tell him he needs to say sorry and give me or Chad (whoever he hit) a hug.  He'll do that too.  I have a hard time not laughing at him because I think he looks so darn cute sitting in that corner pouting.  I feel like it might be helping some because he certainly doesn't like sitting there.  I just hope he doesn't think it's some kind of game as well.  Anyway, the saying is definitely true, it hurts me more than it hurts him! Advice?????

No comments:

Post a Comment