Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a ...

At first we decided we were not going to find out until the birth of our little one. Then we started to realize that there are not many neutral options out there these days, and it might be harder than we thought. We're also both pretty big planners, so we started to think about certain things and thought it'd be best to just leave it up to Baby Campbell...If the baby wanted us to know then that was fine...if not, that was fine too.

Well the very first image on the screen at the anatomy scan was the following:


You have to look at this picture thinking that the baby is basically sitting on top of a copy machine. Yes, that would be his little butt cheeks and...well, you know...his jewels. The doctor basically said..."Well I'm glad you didn't care to know because he sure wanted you to!" I could even tell what it was without the doctor telling me. So I'm glad we decided it was okay to find out, because we literally would have had to look away at certain parts of the scan and that's what I did not want to do. I didn't want to miss out on anything :)

Here are a few other pictures...


This one is labeled and so you should be able to tilt your head sideways and see his face ...two eyes and a chin.


Here you can see where it is labeled as well. Basically he has his little arm in front of his face.

Throughout the scan he held his hands up at his face and so we were never able to get a good 3D image. He even yawned at one point. It was so cute! But the doctor said everything measured great and he seems to be very healthy so far. He weighed 1/2 lb and had a strong heart beat. I was very pleased...proud mommy! :) Chad was able to come to this one and I think he's one proud daddy and excited to have a little boy scout on the way! My mom and Granny came too and so I'm glad they got to experience it as well.

What a great day ...we are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment