Sunday, April 22, 2012

Landon at 2 and 1/2!

Our big boy is 2 and 1/2 today! 




He has made such a big jump since he turned 2.  I am amazed by his development and his energy.  He now sleeps in a big boy bed. He is potty trained (except number 2).  He gives the BEST hugs and kisses.  


He talks in sentences.  He is eager to learn more.  He can count.  He is a great helper.  He can pitch some awful fits and then turn right back around and be the sweetest thing ever all within the same minute.  He makes jokes and knows it and laughs.  He loves Baby Liam. 



He loves his entire family and will go through and list them all telling me so.  He also will go through and tell me that everyone loves him, listing all their names.  He likes to do steam roller with Dada and have Dada 'get him'.  He still loves trains and cars and trucks.


He's starting to eat better.  He will actually try new things when we ask him.  He's wearing mostly 2T clothes but still some 18 month clothes.  He can climb and flip and run and play and jump and do all kinds of crazy boy things.  It's just amazing.  



He's so kind hearted and sweet.  I am enjoying learning with him and watching him grow.  I do hope the crazy two year old temper tantrums are going to calm soon.  The ones where he just screams and cries for no reason at all and you can't calm him down at all.  We've started to just ignore him when he does this and I really think it's helping.  He's calming down a lot quicker and starting to listen a little better.  I think he was doing it for attention.  He's learning his emotions and feelings though and he's also realizing he has a brother around that needs a lot of attention too.  He's doing really well with understanding when I have to put Liam to bed or to take a nap and I'm there by myself.  He'll quietly go in the other room or sometimes just sit outside Liam's bedroom door until I'm done.  He puts his little fingers over his lips to let me know he's being quiet.  Haha.  It took a while for him to do good with this.  He used to come in there every few minutes and talk to me and that would, of course, not help Liam go to bed.  


He's growing up and I'm so proud of him!  I'm proud of who he's become and I'm excited to see who he will develop into.  I love learning with him and trying to be the best mommy I can be to him.  He has taught me so much and I don't know what I would do without him in my life. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment