Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Proud Wife

I'm so proud of my husband.  He protects and serves our community with pride.  He puts himself before others all the time.  I try not to think about it much, but sometimes things happen which bring up a reminder that he really does risk his life every single day he's on duty.  He really puts himself out there to protect perfect strangers and doesn't even think twice about what he's doing.  He loves his job too which makes him even better at what he does.  He really doesn't get acknowledged very often for what he does.  I think more people tend to look down upon officers than look up to them.  They are there for us and to protect us.  It's really nice when someone acknowledges all the hard work and sacrifice he makes for others.  Him and another officer saved a man's life back in September and he was given an award by The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution last night.  He was able to invite one guest (ME!) and they fed us dinner and presented the awards.  It was a wonderful evening and I am blessed to have him as my husband!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment