Friday, December 31, 2010

Bring on 2011!

Okay I know I've said this before but I'm going to go ahead and start off by saying, I know I'm not a good writer. So excuse the grammer mistakes and just keep on going…I majored in Math people.

2010 was a good year for us. We sold our house in February and moved back home.


Chad started a new job in April


and we got to watch the cutest little baby turn into the cutest little boy.



















We were able to end the year on a happy note, knowing that we'll be bringing another blessing into our lives.


We have so much to be thankful for - God, friends, family, health, a new baby on the way…the list could go on. We really are blessed and I don't think I thank God enough for all that we have been given. I also don't think I thank my husband enough for everything he does. He is honestly the best husband ever. I love you, Chad and I thank you for all you do everyday for me and Landon.


Last year I made a new years resolution to get in shape. I started running in January when I got back to work and I am proud to say that I haven't stopped. I run on average 3 times a week still - sometimes more, sometimes less. I ran 3 miles yesterday at 9 weeks pregnant. My doctor said I could keep on running too, so I do intend on working out during this pregnancy…unlike my last. My new years resolution this year is much different - now that I have worked on the outside, I want to work on the inside. I want to be more thankful of my time with my family and live more of life…in the moment. I always seem to say …I can't wait until…and I want to learn to be more excited about this. moment. right. here.


While I do want things to change in my life right now, I want to be able to accept the current situation and go with it until other circumstaces arrive. That doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to go for my goals, but I am going to try and make more of the situation I am currently in.

Since I have started this blog, I have started to read the blogs of many other inspiring women and wonderful mothers out in the Internet world. I feel almost embarrassed saying that by reading their blogs, it makes me realize how selfish and unthankful I am at times. There are so many other families out there dealing with real issues and real pain. I cannot even imagine how some of these women go through life each day. But not only do they make it through the day, most of them praise our God with all their heart, and are able to honestly feel blessed and enjoy the small things. I will warn you - you will probably cry reading some of their blogs. You can always take a look at my blog list, but just a few to mention are:

Kelle Hampton - Enjoying the Small Things

I don't comment on their blogs but I do pray for them. I pray for lots of people. I hope that in 2011, I learn to relax and enjoy the small things.

But seriously - 2011 is going to be exciting!  We are going to build a house, have a baby and watch little man grow, grow, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment