Monday, May 13, 2013

23rd Annual Law Enforcement Memorial 5k

This past Saturday morning Chad and I ran in the 23rd Annual Law Enforcement Memorial 5k. 


My goal was to run 7 minute miles and/or finish in the top three of my age group.  Well I ended up being the first female to finish overall!!  I ran it in 22:28.08 and finishing 9th out of everyone.  There were a total of 244 runners.  I started off faster than normal and ran my first mile in 6 minutes and 18 seconds.  I was trying to keep up with the front crowd.  Only one person ended up passing me and his legs were up to my shoulders. 

As you can see below the guy behind me came in pretty close... we were sprinting at the end...



Chad ended up doing really well too considering he doesn't run nearly as much as I do. He finished 5th in his age group (out of 51)!



We had a lot of fun spending time together and Chad ended up winning a door prize! 


.......yay for date night!

My 'medal' was made by the special olympic participants.  I love it!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is an awesome accomplishment!!!! I decided to take my blog private but wanted to make sure we stay in touch. Are you on facebook? If so let me know if you are open to being friends on there :-) My email address is sgh131@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete