Monday, October 28, 2013

Another 1/2 done!

This past Saturday I ran my second half marathon!! How could you forget my last one? The weather was much colder than normal for this time of year but at least it wasn't cold and rainy...just cold. Plus by the time I started running it didn't take too long to warm up. The run went from my old high school to down town Greensboro so it was through pretty familiar roads which I was excited about. However I never realized how many hills those roads had until I ran them...It was such a pretty run though.  I really felt like I was 'at home'.  I started off too fast though (something I need to work on)...the 8 mile pacer bike didn't pass me until 6 miles...then the 8 1/2 mile pacer didn't pass me until 10 miles.  My goal was 8 1/2 minute miles, but at 10 miles I was about ready to be DONE.  I struggled to finish the last three - I never walked but I sure wanted to.  I hope to be more prepared for the next race in April.  Although I did just decide to officially do this one two weeks prior to the start of the race.  I finished in 1:55:15 so a pace of around 8:48 per mile.  Still better than my last but room for improvement.  I am extra sore today and will be resting up for the next few days before I start back at it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment