Friday, July 22, 2011

LMC

As you know, Liam decided to make his arrival 3 weeks early on July 18th.  I went to work that morning like normal.  While at work I started to feel my belly tighten quite often.  It didn't hurt but it was happening a lot...like every 2-5 minutes so I called my doctor and they thought it'd be best to come in just to get checked out.  They really didn't seem to be concerned because I wasn't feeling any pain or pressure.  Well I got to the doctor around 11:15, Chad met me there, and we waited for about 30 minutes to see the doctor.  As I was sitting on the table at the doctor's office I started to feel a little pressure...and then the pain started coming.  The doctor came in and checked me and I was  3 1/2 - 4cm dilated.  I told him I was starting to feel some pain and pressure along with the contractions and he said well it looks like a good day to have a baby!  He told us to go on over to the hospital and that he'd be over shortly to do my c-section.  We got to the hospital around 12:15 and Liam was born at 2:15!  The whole process was wonderful and amazing and I am so glad I got to experience my son coming into the world this time.  I heard his first cry and I remember every detail.  I was able to breast feed him in recovery and already feel 1,000X better than I did at this point last time with Landon.

We came home on July 21st and had to bring home light treatment for Liam to continue because he's Jaundice.  We are hoping to be able to remove him from the lights soon though.  He is improving.  We are so blessed and could not be anymore thankful for our second healthy little guy :)















1 comment:

  1. (not letting me put my name, but it's Cat from http://mommamonstersconfessions.blogspot.com/)

    OMG, how adorably cute and tiny is he??? OMG I want one!! so glad ya'll are doing well and he's a doll, really. Big brother must be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete